Thursday, June 2, 2016

Shining Stars

You know what is wrong with the world – nothing. You know what is wrong with the people in the world – everything. God created this world we live in so it is perfect. However, what man does to the pure creation of God is a whole different subject – one we are not going to talk about today.

Google tells me that the word “Millennials” means the generation that was born from the early 1980’s to around 2000. The generation after 2000 is referred to as Generation Z or Gen Z. Now that you are up to date on who I am talking about let’s move forward.

Gen Z is getting a bad rap. So are Gen X and the Millennials. Probably every generation that is up and coming gets hit pretty hard by the generation that has gone before them.

I’m a Baby Boomer. According to an article on CareerPlanner.com we are spoiled. We are the generation that spends every penny we make and have mastered the art of consumerism. I agree with most of that for myself. I do not think all Baby Boomers are that way, so making general assumptions about a group of people does not set well with me. 

So why am I talking about all this? Recently I attended an Awards Program at a Middle School (Jr. High for us old people), what I saw inspired me. A stage full of shinning stars. Children in 6th, 7th and 8th grades (Gen Z) that had their lives ahead of them and they were full of excitement, high hopes and energy. At one point in the program there were about 20 kids on stage holding their awards. As looked at them I saw the future of America.

This is what I saw. Boys and girls from all different walks of life and better yet, all different nationalities. I saw White, Black, Brown, Asian, and Hispanic, children that were of mixed races all smiling and beaming with hope and proud of their accomplishments. There was a blending of cultures that looked promising. Each child was a shining star.

When I think of a star, I think of a shining light, brightness, and a twinkling, almost a sparkling image. People we have got to start looking at the bright stars around us. Turn off the news that capitalizes on the negative in the world. Yes there will always be a dark side in life it has always been there and will always be there as God tells us.

1 Peter 5:8-9
Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world.

Remember, these children are the future. We must encourage them, help them become good citizens. Lead them in the way of the Lord. Help them understand where they have come from and the wonderful future that waits them. 

It is our duty if we see a child on the wrong path to give them a helping hand. You may not see the results today or tomorrow, but with prayer and continued guidance we can help the ones that go astray.

I have seen the future dentists, doctors, and scientist and our upcoming world leaders and am impressed with their abilities and determination.

May God Bless







No comments:

Post a Comment