Wednesday, June 22, 2016

He Knocked and I Answered

The devil knocked on my door today. As I walked to the door I was asking God to stop me. Not answering the door was the “out” that God was giving me. Being weak and not having confidence in myself that I could walk away from this temptation. My hand clenched the knob and I swung the door open. He was in.

I am talking about the proverbial door. It could be a literal door, or a temptation of any kind. 


God tells us to flee from evil.

1 Peter 3:11
Let him turn away from evil and do good; Let him seek peace and pursue it.

Turning from evil is never easy. We can see it coming toward us like a freight train and stand there frozen in its way and never make a move. God knew that Satan was going to be tempting us daily.

Some days it is so easy to turn from sin and other days every step you take is difficult. You struggle with everything you try and accomplish or every decision you make. I sure don’t have the answer for that life problem. Not sure anyone does.

So how do we handle those days when that roaring lion is stalking you and clawing at your heels? The only answer I know is prayer. Deep heavy prayer – often along with quick flash prayers. Flash prayers are fast and furious. “Help me now Lord.”

God is with us always every minute of every day. All we need to do is reach out to Him. Grab your Bible and just flip it open and read till the urge leaves you. Open your phone and your Bible app and read a few verses. Satan will know you are seriously trying to overcome his temptations. 

James 4:7
Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

May God Bless



No comments:

Post a Comment