Wednesday, May 11, 2016

When I Fall

Most of us have fallen at one time or another. If you watch children, most of the time they fall and get right back up. We were at one of my granddaughters birthday parties today and our youngest, who is 5, tripped, she jumped right up gave us all a thumbs up and said “I’m OK” and out the door she went.

Now that I am “older” every time I go to the doctors they ask me if I have fallen recently. What is up with that? Do people really fall down that much? 

The last time I fell down, well it wasn’t a pretty sight. It was about 4 years ago and my hands were full when I tripped over something in the garage. Down I went, full force on my knees and chin. Shocked I didn’t break any bones, I laid there and cried. Not because I was hurt, because I dropped the center pieces I was carrying that I had made for my oldest granddaughters birthday party. There was pink sand everywhere. I kept yelling to my husband to pick up the center pieces. Nothing made sense at that moment. Luckily I was just bruised and had a black and blue chin for a few weeks. Well that was the last time I fell physically. 

What if the next time you went to worship someone asked you “have you fallen this week”? What would you say? First I bet you be surprised. But think about it, we fall down spiritually all the time. At least I do. Even if I don’t mean to I mess up. I don’t kill, steal or commit adultery, but I slip and fall. 

Normally you can’t see my fall, there are no bruises or broken bones, but my heart knows. Worse than that, God knows. I can’t hide my sin from Him. So what can I do about my constant falling spiritually?

I need to understand that my falling short spiritually is normal. I am human. God knows my weaknesses and He understands how much I fight Satan on a daily basis. He knows when I win the battle and when I lose. Most of all, He catches me when I am down and helps me back up. He strengths me and forgives me and allows me to have another day. 

Yes I fall, but I get back up and try again. Thank you to my wonderful Heavenly Father and His grace that I can do this day after day. 

Philippians 3:12 I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.”

May God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment