Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Are You Weary?

Galatians 6:9 
“Let us not become weary in doing good for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”


I love projects, or maybe I should say I love to start projects. Completing a project is a wonderful feeling of accomplishment, especially if it turned out the way I thought it would turn out.

Sometimes life just happens and projects are laid aside.

What is really going on when this happens? Sometimes life does get in the way and we need to stop our project for a few days or maybe even a week or two. However, sometimes truth be told I just get plain board with the project and it no longer interests me. Other times I find it to harder than it looked on Pinterest.

There are many reasons to stop working on a project and let it go unfinished. Some are fine reasons and make sense and others; well we might want to look at them a little deeper.

Are you quitter? That sounds pretty harsh doesn’t it? I don’t like being called a quitter, it makes me feel weak. Yet sometimes I choose to quit doing something because it no longer fits my needs. Maybe it no longer serves the purpose it was intended for. If you are doing something for pleasure and it no longer pleases you then I think it’s OK to stop. 

The big mistake comes when you are no longer moving forward on any project. That is when you really have quit.

I always have to check before letting go of a project to see if it is my project or God’s project. If it’s a just for pleasure project, then I can feel free to let it go if I want to. If the project I am working on is for God’s purpose, then I better start digging in hard to find out where my problem lies. I don’t want to quit on God.

Becoming overwhelmed can make me want to quit. So I need to make sure that I pace myself correctly when working for God.
  • Make sure my mind is clear and concise on the time that it will take to complete the project, and schedule my time wisely. 
  • When I am tired rest, even Jesus rested. When I am unclear and confused, I need to pray to God for clarity. 
  • When I can’t hear God, I need to be still and listen for Him.

Taking care of me while working for God is important or His work will not get done. 

So the next time you want to quit a project, stop and give it some thought. Pray about it and be open to how God will lead you. You might just need a well deserved break. 


May God Bless











No comments:

Post a Comment