Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Romance - Isn't it Lovely

Who doesn’t like to read a good romance novel? Now I’m not talking about one of those X-rated books, I’m talking about a really great book where the man really worships the woman.

As some of you might know I am a writer. I’m at the beginning of my writing career and have had a few things published. I’m working on a book for young girls on dating and choices they will need to make, along with a humorous romance about a women in her 50’s dating and meeting men on line.

Writing is a creative process and a lot of hard work. As a writer I am always looking for situations that I can use in my book. Right now I am stuck as to what my character is going to do next, but I know it will come to light eventually. 


Isn’t it funny what we think is romantic. Each one of us has a different picture in our mind of what romance looks like. If you have ever read the book The Five Love Languages, it really helps clarify what is important to you.

Another book that is one of my favorite romance go to books is the Bible. I mean have you ever read some of the Song of Solomon? Wow, I would love my husband to express his love for me like this:

Song of Solomon 4
1 – Behold, you are fair, my love! You have dove’s eyes behind your veil. Your hair is like a flock of goats, going down from Mount Gilead. 2 – Your teeth are like a flock of shorn sheep which have come up from the washing, every one of which bears twins, and none is barren among them. 3 – Your lips are like a strand of scarlet, and your mouth is lovely. Your temples behind your veil are like a piece of pomegranate. 4 – Your neck is like the tower of David, built for an armory, on which hang a thousand bucklers, all shields of mighty men. 5 – Your two breast are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle, which feed among the lilies.

Well, I guess you had to live back then to understand some of these comparisons but my translation would be like this in my fantasy:

1 – You are so beautiful, my love! Your eyes shine like a clear ocean. Your hair flows so beautiful around your shoulders and shimmers in the sunlight. 2 – You have the most beautiful white and straight teeth, so perfectly symmetrical. 3 – Your lips are so kissable. 4 – Your neck is long and perfectly formed. The jewels and gold I place around them fit perfectly. 5 – Your breasts (well you get what I mean)
Isn’t that crazy? One of the most romantic paragraphs I can find is in the Bible.

So what does all this have to do with being a godly woman and being a Christian? Everything. God made us this way. We enjoy romance with our husbands and there is nothing wrong with that. It is God approved if you will.

You may not have a husband who whispers sweet nothings in your ear, brings you flowers, or showers you with gifts, but if your husband goes to work every day, helps manage your home; helps with the children, dogs, cats, chickens, whatever, then you are loved.
 
Make sure you are showing him the love that you expect to get in return. Your house doesn’t have to be perfectly clean (good thing). The kids can be dirty, the laundry not completed and crumbs from snacks can be on the floor. 

When your knight in shinning armor comes in from work, make sure you greet him in a loving manner. Make sure he wants to come back to his home again tomorrow.

May God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment