Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Some Deep Thinking


Let’s discuss some deep thinking today. OK, right there I am worn out, only on my second cup of coffee. (Smile please)

What do you spend your time thinking about? Do you ever just “be still” and listen for the thoughts that run through you mind? Our Lord tells us to be still.


Psalm 46:10
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God…”


If you are being still and listening for God, that is some deep thinking. Anytime you are thinking of God you are in deep thinking mode. We all have thoughts all day long about everything that is on our plate that needs to get done. Sometimes I think how in the world I will accomplish all of this today. Especially how will I accomplish it before my energy runs out for the day?

As I get older I do more thinking and less doing than I did years ago. So now I think I have all this wisdom to share. Now I understand what the older generation was talking about when I was younger. Funny how life comes around full circle, now I am the older woman in life teaching the younger woman.

Thinking, pondering, wondering, processing, these are all good words to represent our deep thoughts. I can get lost in my thoughts pretty easy, but sometimes I have to pull them back into focus and make sure my thoughts are in alignment with God’s.

When I sit and make big plans for my life goals, I think sometimes God is up there having a good laugh.

Isaiah 55:8-9
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.

God has such wonderful plans for my life, if I will allow Him to put them in place.

I’ll leave you today with a few quotes for you to ponder on today:

Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can,
to all the souls you can, in every place you can,
at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can,
as long as ever you can. ~ John Wesley

Too often we…. Enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. ~ John F. Kennedy.



May God Bless



No comments:

Post a Comment