Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Draw Near To God

What would a picture look like if it was of you drawing nearer to God?
  • Would you be praying to Him?
  • Would you be sitting at a table and having a cup of coffee?
  • Would you be walking by the sea in deep conversation?

Personally I think any of these would be a good picture. Just like getting together with friends and sharing your life’s cares and woes and finding peace and comfort.

Please don’t misunderstand; I am not bringing God down to our level of humanity. I realize this is the exalted God our Father. 

Galatians 5:22-26

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Galatians tells us that if we are those who are Christ’s – have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. That means we have killed those emotions. What? I’m suppose to kill my passion and desires? Remember, it say’s our fleshly passion and desires.

I don’t know about you, but that is hard for me. Sometimes it is hard to distinguish a fleshly desire from a heart or mind desire. I mean my heart and mind are part of my flesh right?

I’m no Bible scholar, far from it, but I think what this is trying to tell us is to not go after things that are bad or wrong for us, no matter how much we want them because it may separate us from God.

When we are Christians we are supposed to be walking in the Spirit. Walking in the Spirit is to have the fruit of the Spirit listed in Galatians. It’s not always easy, and God tells us that in His Word. That is why we must draw near to God. We must take Him everywhere we go with our mind and body. 

Some days I wake up and think, God this is a glorious day, thank you and it’s going to be an easy one to stay close to you. Others, well not so much. Those are the days we need to make those calls to God.

  • He is always available.
  • He can talk to all of us at the same time.
  • He will never, lead in the you wrong direction.
So this week, draw nearer to God. Get your cup of coffee, or go for a walk, or jump and down for joy, or lay down and cry. Do whatever you need to do to draw nearer to our Heavenly Father.

Let me know what works for you.



May God Bless



No comments:

Post a Comment