Thursday, May 16, 2019

Count Your Blessings



I wasn’t really in the mood for counting joy today. Laundry, cleaning and all the minuscule tasks that faced me this morning. What joy could be brought through all these items on my to-do list?


Count your blessings came to mind – the song – Count your blessings name them one by one. So I did.

Thank you Lord for:

  • Warm water and the clean towel – I was able to take a shower.
  • Sheets on the bed that needed changing. I have a soft comfortable bed to sleep in.
  • My husband was able to get up this morning and go to work.
  • The home I have to clean and care for.
  • The washing machine and the dryer to clean our clothes.
  • The food in our freezer and fridge, I can plan a good meal for us to eat this evening.
  • The friend that called me because she was thinking of me.

Before I knew it those pesky chores of the day were behind me and I was feeling blessed.

James 1:2

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials


I really don’t think Jesus was talking about cleaning my house as a trial, but the verse fits. I should count it all joy when I go about my daily life and the work in it.

We all get bogged down and overwhelmed with chores and life’s to-do list. Try and see the blessings today in those little things you do. They add up to one glorious life with friends and family that God has blessed us with.

May God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment