Thursday, March 29, 2018

Thus Saith the Lord

I’m sure we all get sick of hearing the news every day. Depending on what station you listen to or news broadcast you watch, you get to hear their side of the event for the day, whatever it may be.

CNN, NBC, CBS, Fox News and all the others have their own way of putting a slant on things. Some people follow these networks and shows as if they are the gospel. Whatever is said on the morning or evening news, people repeat it. So and so says. . . Just fill in the blanks.

It used to be I saw it on Oprah, or Dr. Phil or Dr. Oz. Depending on who you followed you would set our thoughts in line with them Undoubtedly one of those people that we follow makes a mistake or goes against our internal thoughts then all of a sudden we don’t like them anymore.

I don’t study God’s word as much as I should, it’s just the simple. I don’t put in the effort to turn off my surroundings that are distracting me to sit in silence and read. 

What would happen if I really did that? Really study what God tells us through the Bible. Really sit down and read what Jesus tells me about living life. 

How would that conversation go? Well NBC – I mean Jesus says. . . Dr. Oz told me to eat such and such for better health, oh wait that was examples I found in the Bible not Dr. Oz.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy watching all those I have listed, but it does make me think how life would be different if I changed my way of spending time with The Word.

How many times do we use the term “thus says the Lord” except when we are in worship or a Bible class. 



I’m going to really try and make a better effort to spend more time in the word, less time in TV fantasy land. Less time on the computer, less time on Pintrest, less time comparing my life to anyone other than what God wants from me.

Hopefully you will hear more of “the Bible said. . ,” from me. 


May God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment