Thursday, March 8, 2018

Hiding From God


Psalm 139:23-24 

Search me, O God, and know my heart, Try me, and know my anxieties, and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. 



As I read this verse this morning I got a strange feeling – not a good one. My first thought was I don’t want God to know my every thought (heart) or if there is any wicked way in me. However, I do want Him to lead me in the way of everlasting.

Let’s ponder that for a moment. Can we have one without the other? Can we hide things from God? If He knew everything in my heart “the good – the bad – the ugly” then how can He love me enough to lead me to Heaven?

Here are a few verses that tell us how much God loves us.

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

Romans 5:8 
“but God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Ephesians 2:4-5

“But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ – by grace you have been saved."



Have you ever thought you were hiding something from God? Or how about hiding things from other people? Sometimes we all put on different faces depending on who we are around.

There are faces you use at work, faces you use for fun and faces you use at church. God sees all those faces from the inside of you, not just the ones on the outside that you present to others. 

We all sometimes do things or say things we are not proud of and we know in our hearts that God sees us but sometimes we might just forget and think we “put one over on God”. 


We are silly little children, no matter how old we are to think we can get away with something. That is what makes us human my friends. Just as parents love their children when they make a mistake, God loves us when we make mistakes. 



Just remember you can’t hide from Him.

May God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment