Thursday, January 4, 2018

Happy New Year



Another year has left us. If you are reading this then you are blessed, you are one of those that survived.

Our world is in turmoil, but it has been since the beginning of time. The Bible is filled with war stories and challenges that are similar to the ones we face today. It is a New Year, a new day and new opportunities are in front of us. So let’s move on to the good stuff.



New beginnings are so refreshing and invigorating aren’t they?



  • The new born baby that gives meaning to life.
  • Blank pages of an unwritten book.
  • A change in eating habits that will give us a healthier life.
  • A new hobby that we have been putting off.
  • Landing the job that will start us off in a new career. 

All new and exciting times in a person’s life; fresh and unblemished.

My goals are written and I have a list.  I'm ready to go. Ready to tackle this new world 2018.

Last year was a rough one for me and my family. Chemo treatments and everyone arranging their schedules to take me and help. But we beat it, together with God leading the way.

Books tell us to take baby steps when setting goals, small goals that are reasonable and reachable so that we reach the main goal at the end.


Last year I didn’t fully complete any of my goals. But that’s OK because I did better than I would have if I hadn’t set any goals. That within itself is an improvement.

Improvement is success. Are you better today than you were yesterday, last week, last month or last year? If you can answer yes to that, guess what, you are a success. You may not have succeeded in every area you wanted to, but you did succeed in some.

So today I want you to give yourself a pat on the back. I mean literally reach that arm over and give yourself the one-two good job pat on the back. Tell yourself you did a good job and keep up the good work. 


Isn’t that what you would like your boss to do once in a while? Well, you are your own boss - the boss of your life. So be kind to yourself at the beginning of this fresh New Year.


May God bless each of you.
Lillian Humphries





No comments:

Post a Comment