Wednesday, August 10, 2016

My Meltdowns

My world is spinning and I’m dizzy. (Well not really, I’m fine) Metaphorically speaking everything is spinning and making me dizzy. The worst thing is when this happens and I don’t know why.

Sometimes I have to sit down and write a list of the things that are driving me crazy. A list of all the things that are swirling around in my mind like a Autumn wind tossing dried fallen leaves. Some items have control over and others I can’t do a thing about. Normally it’s the problems that I don’t have an answer for that really drive me crazy.

There are days I wake up and think – the earth has fallen off its axis. All day long I am waiting for the sky to fall like Chicken Little. I function but not completely. Those days are the days I can’t wait for the sun to go down so I can crawl under the covers and sleep. Hoping the next day will be normal again. 

After making my list and handling what I can, I normally have a meltdown about the remainder items on my list. Trust me an old lady having a meltdown is worse than a two year old having a tantrum. It most likely will involve crying, whining and chocolate in some form.

I’m old and just now wrapping my head around this fact and fighting it every inch of the way. My mind isn’t as sharp as it was. My hair doesn’t flow like it used too. The body – well it just isn’t the same. So why am I having this midlife crisis now? Because our world has gone crazy.

The upcoming Presidential elections are out of control. Crime and disrespect is at an all time high. Our enemies are now on our home soil and could be your neighbor. There is global warming – maybe – and my pants are tight.

Soooooo what is a woman to do? How about for a change, look to God and see what He has to say.

Philippians 4:8-9 (NKJV)
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy – meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

Oh look there is the answer, right there in the Bible, God’s word. Stop thinking about all those things I can’t control or fix and think on things that are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, or good report and praiseworthy. 


My life would be so much simpler if I didn’t think so much and worry so much about thinks I can do nothing about. If when I open my eyes each morning I praise God and thing on only good things. I just might have to try this more often.

May God Bless









No comments:

Post a Comment