Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Detoxing – All the Rave


So, tell me what is this “detox” all about? You drink lemon and spinach water and empty yourself until you can’t stand up. Whaaaat? Somehow I don’t think this is good for me. Now each of us can do our own thing, but I know for a fact that one isn’t going to work for me. Let me clarify, I’m not talking about detoxing from alcohol or drugs, that is a totally different subject.

I know we pick up free radicals thought our breathing air and drinking water. I know that our food is full of chemicals and hormones and antibiotics. I try my best to control the foods we eat. We don’t eat out a lot, comparatively to others, we buy local food as much as possible and I wash my food before I eat it. (Most of the time.)

I do believe that the more we process our food, the worse it is for us. Some days we get our healthy kale shakes in and some days we don’t. I can tell you this, we are doing better today than a year ago with our eating habits. So hurrah for us. I’m pretty lucky; my husband will eat just about anything. Every once in a while when I try something new, he will just say “not so much”. 

Just so you know, I refuse to give up my dark chocolate. Nope, it is not going to happen.

What I think we should be more concerned with is detoxing our minds and souls. What we watch, read, and listen to, can be more harmful than anything we eat or drink. This old body is going to give out one day and turn to dust, my soul, Lord willing, will live on forever.

The Olympics are really great. We have loved watching them, but one thing I don’t understand. Why do the ladies beach volleyball players have to be almost naked? Sure they are getting hot and sweaty and sand all over them, but that is the game. Don’t tell me they play better being dressed the way they are. I just am not buying it. But I digress.

Movies, TV shows, music, books are good and wonderful, as long as we are choosing those items appropriately. No, I don’t always make the right choice and no I’m not a prude. Anyone that knows me can vouch for that, but I try. I get up each day and try hard again. Then when I lay my head on that pillow at night I ask God to bless me, forgive me and let me try again the next day.

So instead of being so concerned about detoxing your body of harmful chemicals and such, try detoxing your mind and soul. It just might make your body feel better too.

May God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment