Wednesday, April 29, 2015

My finger hurts.


by Lillian Humphries

I woke up the other day and my finger hurt. It didn’t look hurt or bruised but it ached. It was my pointer finger on my left hand. I shrugged it off and went about my business. After doing some laundry and other house hold chores I noticed it was still throbbing. For the life of me I could not remember what I had done to it. I thought about the previous day’s events and couldn’t recall if I had jammed it into
something.
 
Still throbbing a few hours later I took some anti-inflammatory medicine. Later on it felt better, but I kept thinking about it. Just thoughts running through my mind as to what I may have done. Since I am right handed I knew it wasn’t because I used it to much, or did I? 

While I was contemplating the greatness of this world and how my finger contributed to my life, I finally turned to God and said “why is my finger hurting so much today”? This brought to mind the verse in Luke.

Luke 6:42 (ASV)
42 Or how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me cast out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.


I couldn’t remember pointing my finger at others lately but it sure made me stop and think. In the most innocent of words or thoughts we judge others and say look at them, when we haven’t looked at ourselves lately. It is a human trait and we have to be careful. Every now and then it is good to have a reminder to be aware of our thoughts and words.

Amazing how God used that aching finger to bring a lesson to me. Always be on the lookout for God’s lesson of the day.

Have you had a similar experience? Share with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment