Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Happy New Year



Yes it is that time of year again. Funny how it rolls around every 365 days or so J Time for a fresh beginning and setting new goals.
 Are you one of those people who set yourself goals in the beginning of the year?  I am. My husband normally does not enjoy setting goals, but he surprised me this year and had his already written down, mine were simply in my head. 
When I started listing them we realized that several of them were the same for each of us. Now we have our own personal goals and those that are “our” goals as a couple. What surprised me was that several of them were the same for the last couple of years. At first I thought, wow we didn’t reach our goals because they are still on the list. Then I took a second to think about it and came up with a different view. Maybe we did meet our goals and are taking them one step further. If my goal is to read my Bible more, did I do that this past year? The answer could be yes, but now I want to study it more. Or maybe I want to study a particular area or subject in the Bible more. Either way just because your goal shows up year after year does not mean you did not achieve it.


 Now in saying that, there are those silly nagging goals that you put on your list, like to lose weight. Well by the scale and my close I can tell that did not happen, if fact it went the other way. L However, I did live to survive another year so I still have a chance to accomplish that particular goal.
          
Even more than that I want to focus on how wonderful last year was for me and my family. Yes there were difficult times, financial difficulties, loved ones lost, plans that fell through because of this or that, but all in all God blessed us with another year of memories and time spent with family and friends. The love that surrounds me is phenomenal.

This year’s resolutions are the same as many of you eat healthier, exercise more and love more. This year I am adding one more to the list – appreciate the little things more.

What are some of your goals this year? I hope you will take a few moments and share them with me.

May God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment