Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving



This is the time of year that friends and family gather together to share their love, good food, and the things that they are thankful for in their lives.  So I thought I would take this time and space to tell you the things that I am thankful for.
            I am thankful that I had a failed marriage, without those hard times I would not have found God.  
            I am thankful that I had two wonderful daughters that have grown into beautiful Christian woman and have given me beautiful grandchildren.
           I am thankful that for the last 36 years that God has been the leader in my life.       
           I am glad I had good parents who did the best they could for me with what they had.  They taught me how to be polite and the morally right and wrong things to do.         
          I am thankful that I had a wonderful church family that helped support my children and I during those years when I had a hard time handling it as a single parent.  When I thought there was no reason for me to be in worship service because the girls were wiggling or crying and I was not able to get anything out of the lesson, someone would reach over and hug me or take one of the girls out for a break.
          I am thankful for the people who listened to me when I was trying to make a decision in life and didn’t have a spouse to discuss it with. 
          I am thankful for the women who taught (mentored) me by example not by criticizing me. 
          I am thankful God stayed with me and never turned His back on me.  
          I am thankful God brought me to SC or I never would have met Doug.  
          I am thankful that God has been here for me through my surgeries and my cancer diagnosis. 
          I am thankful for where I am right now in my life, although sometimes life gets hard, I know that He is with me always and I can face anything that comes my way.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment