Thursday, February 8, 2018

Happy Wife - Happy Life


Ecclesiastes 9 (NKJV)

9 Live joyfully with the wife whom you love all the days of your vain life which He has given you under the sun, all your days of vanity; for that is your portion in life, and in the labor which you perform under the sun.



This week has been difficult for me. There could be a list of reasons why or there could be no real reason why. Sometimes it is what it is - tough.

Some women I know go through life and appear to be happy all the time. If something does throw them a curve ball, well no big deal and they move on. Just a bump in the road.
I’m not that woman. 

Others feel things more emotionally, I feel deep. I feel happiness deep and I feel sadness deep.
Yes I’m that woman.

My faith in Christ doesn’t waiver, I know He is in control; I’ll get over it, tomorrow will be a brighter day and so on. In the mean time it is rough and not only on me but on my husband, family and friends. 


The bible study I was doing led me to Ecclesiastes. It is kind of like a book that tells you like it is. There is a time for seasons.

Just like the seasons of Mother Nature, Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall, they come, they go, and then they show up again. It’s the same for our lives.

“ Live joyfully with the wife whom you love all the days of your vain life . . . “

When I read the words today I thought about my husband at work. There he was working and wondering what the temperature in his home would be when he got there in the evening.

One of the verses struck me between the eyes, “live joyfully with the wife” that would be pretty hard if the wife isn’t joyful.

I understand that this doesn’t mean it is all on the wife to be happy and go lucky all the time, but it made think – when is enough – enough?

It’s that old saying – pull yourself up by your boot straps (or put your big girl panties on and deal with it). Any way you say it I knew it was time for me to snap out of it. I had to choose joy, choose to be happy.


Philippians 4:8
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

For the sake of my own mental health, the health of my marriage, the health of my home, God showed me what to do.

God does His part, now it is time for me to do mine.

May God Bless You





No comments:

Post a Comment