Thursday, May 3, 2018

Let’s talk about the “F” Word

2 Thessalonians 3:3 (NIV)
But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one. 




When I started thinking of the word “faithful” and searching it in the Bible I had on my mind the direction of me being "faithful" to God. Then this verse (along with many others) popped up concerning God being "faithful" to me.



That made me think about how "faithful " God is to each of us. 

It doesn’t matter:

  • what the situation is, what time of day it is, He is there waiting for me. 
  • if I am tired, full of energy or angry. He is there waiting for me. 
  • if I am happy or sad, excited or not. He is there waiting for me. 
What does it mean to be "faithful"?

Webster says:

1 – Steadfast in affection or allegiance: Loyal
2 – Firm in adherence to promises or in observance of duty: Conscientious
3 – Given with strong assurance: Binding
4 – True to the facts, to a standard, or to an original

God is loyal; He assures us of His loyalty to us.
God is conscientious; He keeps His promises to us.
God is binding; He stays with us throughout time.
God is our standard; He is the original, the first, the omnipotent.


I fall short of being "faithful" to God. I am human. I will disappoint others in this world and as a child of God; I will make mistakes and disappoint God.

However, I will never give up trying to be a "faithful" servant to my Lord, the creator of all things, our heavenly Father.

Are you conscientious and loyal to God? Have you given your life to God? Do you work on your “faithfulness” to God?


Do it today for we are not guaranteed tomorrow. (ref James 4:14)

May God Bless





No comments:

Post a Comment