Thursday, May 24, 2018

Beautiful Christian Sister

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  We all see things differently and are drawn toward what we find attractive or pretty. I’ve met people that I have thought are just downright beautiful, stop traffic pretty and gorgeous. I think this type of beauty is few and far between. 

I’ve tried to figure out what is beautiful about some people. For example take someone you see at a restaurant and you think they are prettiest woman you have ever seen. Is it the shape of their body? Is it their hair? Is it the clothes they wear? Sometimes it’s a combination of all of these things and how they put themselves together.

On the flip side, have you ever thought someone was beautiful until you’ve gotten to know them? Maybe their attitude or language made them look “not so beautiful”.

I’m sharing this poem because it touched me. 


BEAUTIFUL CHRISTIAN SISTER
By Maya Angelou

A woman’s hear should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.

 When I say … “I am a Christian” I’m not shouting “I’m clean livin”’,
I’m whispering “I was lost, now I’m found and forgiven”.

When I say …” I am a Christian” I’m not trying to be strong,
I’m professing that I’m weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say… “I am a Christian” I’m not bragging of success,
I’m admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say…” I am a Christian” I’m not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say…” I am a Christian”, I still feel the sting of pain…
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say …” I am a Christian” I’m not holier than thou,
I’m just a simple sinner who received God’s good grace, somehow!

Pretty is as pretty does… but beautiful is just plain beautiful! 



Are you pretty? 
Are you beautiful? 

Let’s focus today on what makes us beautiful.

Hopefully it is God’s word in you and your attitude and actions.



May God Bless



No comments:

Post a Comment