Thursday, May 25, 2017

Do You Sparkle?

I have glitter in my hair. It’s mostly around the sides on the temple area. I don’t know when it started but it is definitely there now. You know what; it doesn’t bother me too much. Oh occasionally I get caught up in the fact that it makes me feel old and I buy a box of color and put it on. For the most part I’m pretty accepting of it.


How about the sagging, yes I’m still talking about the face, let’s not even think about the rest of the body. Actually the sagging bothers me more than the wrinkles. When did I get jowls and a turkey neck? Growing older is not for sissies I can tell you that. The aches and pains – oh my.

I understand I’m not that old, still on this side of 65, but still how did I get here? I remember being in my early 20’s worrying about never getting married. That foolish young girl. Little did I know 40 some years later I would look back and laugh about that.

So what is so wrong about growing old anyway? Besides some of the obvious issues, it really isn’t so bad. I plan on living well into my 80’s, maybe even 90’s; I’ve got another 30 years to go. I can do anything I want. I can go back to school and become a doctor if I wanted to. I have a clean slate ahead of me. 


Just because the TV tells me I don’t look like a model doesn’t mean I am not a viable member of society. I’m a woman, a mom, a wife, a sister and a friend. I’m healthy enough to take care of my home, go places and contribute to society. I’m not done living yet.

Why are so many of us chasing perpetual youth? Getting tucks, injections and whatever else we can do to remain youthful. Don’t get me wrong, looking your best is wonderful, but we have all seen the nips and tucks that have gone bad. Whoa baby, I would rather look old.

God talks about old people. The Bible tells us that Sarah was “very old” when she had Isaac.

Proverbs 16:31
The silver-haired head is a crown of glory, if it is found in the way of righteousness.

You see those sparkles in my hair – I earned them. That means I have survived what this old world has sent my way. Life is challenging, even hard are times, but living it is the reward we get.

Psalms 139:14
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.


God made us. He made your hair color and designed it to “sparkle”. So sparkle ladies and hold your head high.

May God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment