Thursday, January 26, 2017

Table Talk

We just finished months of holidays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah and New Years Day. Let’s not forget about all the football games in between. During all these activities, I bet your kitchen/dining room table got a lot of use. I know mine did.

My table, as I am sure most of yours is the center of your home. This also means it is the center of my life. I have fed friends and family, created sewing master pieces, folded laundry, decorated Christmas cookies and prayed at my table. My table has had laughter and tears spilled on it. Happiness and disagreements have happened at my table. All my grandchildren have set at my table with me and given me great pleasure and entertainment.

I had a tea party on this table that lasted almost 8 hours. Friends who had so much to share and held our friendships so dear, we didn’t want to stop visiting.

My Table
When I purchased this table it was new, shinny and had no marks on it. This same table has lived with me in four different homes in two different states. Today my table has marks, scratches, nicks and dents. There are places on it that I can see writing. Where my grand children were working hard on their homework and pushed down on their pencils with such intensity that it left the letters they were practicing.

It really doesn’t matter what kind of table you have, it matters what you do with your table. I love my scared up table because it tells the story of my life for the last 20 years that I have had it. It is just like me, worn and scared.

There are many times the Bible talks about breaking bread with others. Sometimes it is referring to the Lord’s Supper and other simply sharing a meal. 

Acts 2:46

So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart.



What kind of story does your table tell? Are you creating memories around your table at home?

May God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment