Wednesday, April 6, 2016

The Truth Will Set You Free

In this world of political correctness (PC), it appears you can’t say much of anything without someone finding an objection to it. It is wearing thin on my nerves. Everybody has rights, yet no one seems to want to take responsibility for themselves and/or their actions.

We hear often, “I wasn’t in my right mind when I did that. Well I say – really? What mind were you in? Do you have more than one mind? Now don’t get all upset about this blog post. I am not talking about “real mental problems”. OK?

Each time we have an election of any kind in this country, we hear more junk that has nothing to do with the issues we really need to discuss. This one in particular has had more mudslinging than any other I can remember. They all want to blame someone else for all the troubles in the world. If we all stood up and claimed our own mistakes and downfalls we wouldn’t have half as many problems. 

I was raised to take responsibility for myself and my family, not blame my neighbor, teacher or peers for what I did. Those who know me well know I am not particularly PC. However, I do try and think before I speak, and consider other people’s feelings.

Jesus was not PC. No, He just said what God sent Him to earth to say. He did not sugar coat anything. He was direct and truthful. Now I know that nobody can be as perfect as Jesus, but come on people can we give it a try?

Look what Jesus said in Romans.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Sometimes you just have to lay it on the line, so to speak. Jesus held nothing back in this statement. 

1 + 1 = 2 always and forever

You know I am reaching the age that I can hardly remember what I tell someone from day to day. Telling the truth keeps me from getting caught with the wrong information leaving my lips. It really does set you free.

John 8:32 says
“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” 

So let’s all give it try shall we? If you are sinning you know what will happen. If you are not telling the truth, you will never be free.

Take responsibility for yourself today. Good or bad, it’s who you are. Only you can change yourself, inward and outward.

May God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment