Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Tools of the trade.


What do you do for a living? Do you work outside the home? Maybe you work from home. Maybe you are a stay at home mom. There are tools that we use for our “trade” no matter what we do.

Right now I am a stay at home grandma. My tools that I use are my kitchen, my computer, my phone, my sewing machine and my heart.


If you are a teacher, you use computers, white boards, overheads, your voice and your education. A banker would use their computers, money, paperwork and other office items. A hairdresser would use scissors, a razor, a curling iron and such.

Our tools that we use everyday help us do our jobs, no matter what profession we are in. Yes, a stay at home mom is a profession.



 I am also a Christian. What are my tools that I use to serve God? In my case they are similar to the things I use every day.

  • My sewing machine to make baby blankets for the hospital, and caps for cancer patients.
  • My kitchen to make food for someone that is sick.
  • My computer to send someone an encouraging message.
  • My Bible to look up scripture for my writing and my blog.






It doesn’t matter what you do daily to earn a living or keep your home running smoothly. If you are a Christian, you can use your tools every day to encourage someone and share the word of God.




Other tools that we can use would be:
  • The word of God
  • Business cards with scripture on them
  • Prayer before a meeting
  • Inviting someone to services 


Everyday there are opportunities to share the word or God with someone, or the chance to let your light shine.

Go the extra mile today and do something for someone else and use the tools that God has given you.

No comments:

Post a Comment