Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Is Satan knocking on your door?


My husband and I went to see the movie “War Room” about a week ago on a Sunday afternoon. I highly recommend it to everyone. It is not just for couples, but for anyone who wants to take a good look at their life. It was really a Wow movie that made me think about my situations and if God was in control or was I trying to control God.

Yes, I have control issues.

On Monday, my faith was put to test. My husband came home and announced the company he was working for was going belly up and closing their doors. He would have his job for another 30 to 60 days and that’s it.

We didn’t see that one coming.

Instead of immediately going into full panic mode (which would have been the norm for me), I calmly sat and listened to my husband and tried to think of how he must be feeling. How devastating to come home with bad news and face your family. It wasn’t his fault; there is nothing he can do about the situation, so why add to the stress that he was feeling.

As my husband and I discussed the options that were facing us, him changing jobs, me going to work, us moving, I knew what was happening. Satan was knocking on my door. It was up to me to make the decision to let him in or not. I have chosen not to open that door.

That morning I had prayed, not just my normal prayer with my check list of requests to God, but with an earnest heart. I denounced Satan and told him he would not be welcome in our house. I firmly believe if I had not gone to God in prayer that morning with my heart open, I would not have been able to have the reaction I did that evening.



Many verses come to mind that will sustain me through this challenge:

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant’ because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and he shall direct your paths.

Good is alive and in my home, leading us as we go through this situation. I will not fall prey to Satan’s negative thoughts.

We all face these kinds of problems. We are not unique.

How will you react the next time Satan is knocking on your door?

No comments:

Post a Comment