The kids are going back to school, here are some thoughts:
- Getting out from under your feet.
- I’m going to miss having them with me each day.
- Schedules get more hectic.
- The Holidays are here, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- How much does the back pack cost?
- New shoes, clothes and all the required lists of supplies.
- Worried if your child will make friends in school.
- Worried your teenager will make the wrong kind of friends in school.
- The first day of school for kindergartners or preschool.
- Lunches to fix, breakfasts to plan, hopefully a sit down dinner
- Ballet, dance, cheer leading, gymnastics, soccer, football, yearbooks, clubs
For me, and I don’t have children in school, it is still the time of year to set some new schedules for myself. Somehow even if you don’t have children, the new school year affects you, especially if you get caught in a car pool line.
Unfortunately in today’s world we worry about a lot of other things too. Some of them not pleasant at all:
- School shootings
As the new school year begins, I suggest we pray, and pray very diligently. Pray for the children, their safety, for them to have open minds and protection. Pray for the schools and their teachers and staff.
Prayer will make this year a great year for the children. Let’s use what tools God has provided to us.