Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Oh Those Children


by Lillian Humphries

Have you ever been somewhere with your toddler or teenager and they have misbehaved? Of course you have, if you have children, then it has happened to you or it will. Those precious little people that you have birthed from your loins can turn into possessed demons in a blink of an eye. It always seems to happen at the most inopportune time, in church, in the grocery store or any public place. They seem to have a 6th sense of when the most embarrassing moments in life will take place.

My girls used to do that to me. I remember one time really well. We were in a line to check
out of a store, I can’t remember what store but none the less, that is where we were. Evidently I wouldn’t buy something for one of them that they wanted so she was really unhappy. Out of that little sweet daughter of mine (can’t remember which one) came the words “you love her more than you love me”. Well what do you say to that? I fixed her tail; I told her she was right, I did love her sister more than her. It stopped her in her tracks. Of course I think the cashier almost picked up the phone and called 911 for child abuse. Later I had a talk with her and explained that was not true. Now it has become a joke with the three of us and we do it for fun.

Whether it is acting up, not using good manners or giving out the family secrets in Bible class, children act up.

I’m sure you know where I am going with this, you are God’s child. Do you think you ever
embarrass God? Ouch. Yup, think about it.

Titus 2:5 tells women that they are to act “so that the word of God will not be dishonored.”

1Corinthians 10:31, “Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”

Our actions should always be glorifying God. Does that me we go around singing and dancing to God 24/7? Of course not. But our lives should be to the glory of God. As you go through your daily routine of diapers, dishes, laundry, car pools and work your actions should show that you are one of God’s children.

What your child does is a reflection on you as a parent. What you do is a reflection upon God.

No comments:

Post a Comment