Saturday, January 18, 2014

So you want to be a Writer!

I have decided to follow my dream and try my hand at writing.  No not the great American Novel, just lovely Christian romance novels.  I love reading them and think I can do a good job.  So I joined a group, immediately jumped in and became active with this group form ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers).  All is well, except I am finding out that there are all these rules for writing.  I had no idea that there were so many things to know before just sitting down and belting out a book.  I am having a great time learning all the new stuff.  Who knew this old lady could learn things at my age :).  I guess it is true, you are never to old to learn.  I'm taking on-line classes and have met some of the most wonderful people while persueing this new avenue of my life.  Most of you know I have always written here and there, but now there is a purpose to it all.  Now is the time for me to focus and learn the craft and put to use the things I am learning. 

I'm so excited about this new adventure that I am taking. I hope to take you along with me as I go.  I will share what I learn and show you my attempts at writing here on my blog. 

So follow along and have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment