Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Questioning God?



by Lillian Humphries

Have you ever questioned God? I have. I have even been disrespectful to Him. I’m not extremely proud of those moments, but I know they have happened. I have even been known to write Him letters. I wish I had kept those letters.

Some days when life was really getting me down I would turn the world off get myself real comfortable, snugly pajamas, coffee or a diet soda maybe some chocolate, some soft music and then let God have it in my letter. Funny thing about those rants to God, I would always end up writing down all my blessings and wondering what in the world was I complaining about.

Oh this human mind of mine could not comprehend all the blessings God had given me. I could only focus on the one small piece of my life that was not the way I wanted it to be. Instead of saying, this is where God has put me and I better use it for His good, I would sit and complain about what I thought was wrong with my life.

Questioning God is OK in my book. If we don’t question Him then we are not thinking. Now I’m not talking about the questioning of His ability to guide me or His love for me. I’m talking about the understanding of His ways. If I am thinking about God and questioning His ways and trying to understand Him, then my life is focused on God.

Throughout the Bible we have some examples of those that questioned God. Questions that are from a critical heart are different than those with an open heart. 

Open your Bible to hear God speak
Hebrews 11:6 tells us; “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him”

Being inquisitive is part of our makeup and God made us. Look at a child, always questioning and exploring and wondering. We are God’s children no matter how old we are. The question is how your heart is when you are submitting these questions to God. We should have our Bible with us when we question God so we can search for the answers and hear His word talk to us. Then we need to be ready to accept His answer even if it isn’t what we think it should be.

Are you seeking for answers in the right place? Are you willing to hear the answers? Do you want the answers or are you just complaining like I was?







No comments:

Post a Comment