Thursday, June 8, 2017

Missing In Action

Are you missing in action? I’m not talking about the military kind of MIA but the life MIA. Are you really present in your life?

I know some days I’m not. It is easy to get caught up in the past. Especially with problems or concerns that weigh heavily on our minds. All the “what if’s” start going round in my head. What if I had made a different choice in life and went to college or went further in college. What if I had married someone else? What if I hadn’t smoked that first cigarette or the taken the first drink. We can spend a lot of time mulling over the “what if’s” in life if we aren’t careful.

Then there times in life we worry about the future so much that we become scared to take a chance on what might be. Should we take the new job, go on the date or make the move and uproot our family. The future is always unknown.

Some people are born risk takers and it appears that they move through life without much worry or confusion. Some take a very long time to make decisions using various methods of contemplating all possible angles and what the outcomes may be.

It doesn’t matter which type of person you may be, either way life changes and we need to be in the present to embrace it or at least hold on tight while it happens.

I think of the young mom’s in particular. There is so much to do daily with little ones and school age children that sometimes we just go through the motions of washing, cleaning, feeding, kissing boo boo’s, changing diapers, and keeping the house pulled together that at the end of the day we wonder what happened.

There was an article on Facebook not too long ago about you only get 18 summers with your child, how will you spend those summers? It was very interesting and made me think I had failed in a few areas. However, I told myself that we all are doing only what we can do with what we are given in life.

I urge you to really be present during your daily activities. Especially when they come to being with God and your family. Know that God is with you throughout your day in everything you do. He knows your heart and understands. Take time to enjoy your life, even the laundry and the dishes.

My dryer just beeped, I must go.

Praise God for my washer and dryer and the clothes in it. 


May God Bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment