Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Power Up

Psalm 23:1-3
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters, He stores my soul . . .

Don’t you wish you could just plug yourself into an outlet when your battery gets low? Like we do with our electronics now a day. Find a long cord plug it into an outlet and the other end into your port. In an hour you can go for another 24 hours of constant hustle and bustle. Only a dream.

There is a saying that seems to be popular lately “I’m in”. What’s that mean anyway? It means you are on board with the idea or concept. That you agree and will give 100% to whatever the cause. That’s really great, but aren’t we suppose to be “in” already.
  • If you’re married – you should be in that marriage 100%
  • If you have a child – your should be involved with that child 100%
  • If you have a job – you should be giving it 100%
  • If you’re a Christian – you should be giving God 100%

Sometimes we need to recharge ourselves to be able to give that full 100% to accomplish all of these things. There are times in our life that struggles and temptations beat us down. We find ourselves running on empty and not being able to give 100% to anything.
When I get that way I call it hitting the wall. That’s it; there is nothing left to give. That happened to me last week when I was helping my husband do some yard work. Let me be clear – I don’t do yard work and I don’t sweat. This was an unexpected “Look honey I stopped to get the truck load of mulch we talked about. It’s in the truck bed and I need to empty it before work tomorrow”.

Since he was creating this flower bed for me as a birthday gift I figured I would offer to help. I mean I couldn’t very well sit here on the couch while he was out there unloading the truck. Then we decided to put the brick edging around the semicircle first so the mulch wouldn’t come out of it. 

So I laced up my workout shoes (that is an oxymoron) and off I went. We worked for 45 minutes straight lifting those edging blocks then pulling and pushing mulch around. Within those 45 minutes of work I must have stopped every 5 minutes for heavy breathing and whining. I thought I would explode from heat exhaustion. Finally I hit the wall. That place where I had nothing left to give. I was done – actually in our family when we hit that place we say we are “done – done”. My grandson Owen started that when he was little. It fits perfectly. When I got to that place I just walked away and left my husband to finish the job.

We all get that way sometimes, really tired. It could be physically like I did or mentally or spiritually. Physical and mental exhaustion can normally be relieved by a good night’s sleep. However if we become spiritually exhausted a night of sleep can’t fix that. Only getting in touch with God can repair our spirit.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.


May God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment