Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spring Time - Again



by Lillian Humphries

Here we are again, Spring time is here. Well not on the calendar, but it is in my neck of the woods. The sun is shining, birds are chirping and my bees are buzzing about. Spring time is such a time of renewal and rebirth. It is a beautiful time of the year. Flowers just make you happy don’t they, kind of put a smile on your face to watch them bloom. I enjoy watching those videos that are time lapsed and
show flowers opening up. They are so remarkable to watch and you certainly see God’s beauty in action.

Spring is a time for the ever popular “spring cleaning”, refreshing everything around us after the dark of winter, renewing ourselves. God calls us to be renewed also. Watching God’s handy work is always soothing to my soul. To be able to sit on my deck on a nice spring afternoon listening to the birds and watching my little world change around me is a blessing. I thank God always for this time in my life that He has given me.

Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

This verse in Romans calls us to do that. As Christians we are to stand out among the crowd. We live in this world but should not be of the world.

I am sure you have seen a flower bed that is full of beautiful flowers. Imagine them to be all white daisies. Then you notice a single bloom that is different, maybe a black eyed susan. Its bright yellow with the dark center stands out among the crowed of daisies.

As spring approaches us what kind of beauty will be blooming in your garden? Will you take this opportunity to stand out in your crowd and be the shinning glory for God? I like to think of myself as a sunflower, tall, strong and always turning my head to the Son, Jesus.

Share with me what kind of flower you will be and why you like that flower.


May God Bless,
Lillian Humphries

No comments:

Post a Comment