Monday, October 20, 2014

Oh Fill My Cup - Devotional

Have you ever gotten a song stuck in your head and it keeps on playing all day long? Well that happened to me the other day. I keep hearing "oh fill my cup - let it over flow". This kept going on for the better part of the day and I had a million things to do. I was cleaning, doing laundry, cooking and just had my list laying on the table and was just crossing things off left and right. Then I received a call from a friend asking me to do a favor. I was pleased I could help. Then as I moved on through my list and a few more friendly calls, I realized I was falling behind on my to do list. It was a good day. Mid afternoon came and I was on my way to pick up some of my grandchildren from school when it dawned on me. Maybe God had answered my prayer. I kept saying "oh fill my cup - let it over flow" and now it was.

Over flowing with the good I had done all day by getting my work completed at home, except for a few things, like dusting or mopping, but that will be there the next day. Now my car was filled with the goodness and love of grandchildren and laughter. Yes, my cup was full and actually over flowing with love and blessings.

Thank you God for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment